Endovenous varicose veins laser treatment is the most modern method for the treatment of varicose veins. It is a treatment that follows the steps of traditional surgery using laser technology and unlike surgery, it is minimally invasive.
Using laser technology to treat varicose veins, the eradication of major or minor part of the main vein that presents valvular insufficiency and has led to the appearance of varicose veins on the skin, is replaced with the sublimation of the vein using Laser energy application directly to the lumen of the vein .
Stages of laser treatment for varicose veins
The method is performed with ultrasound guidance in all its stages, which briefly are:
- Percutaneous puncture with a needle in the vein under ultrasound guidance and insertion of stent (small hose)
- Introduction of Laser fiber and promote it to the contribution of the saphenous femoral vein
- Pouring specific anesthetic solution throughout the length of the vein under ultrasound guidance
- Enable Laser and withdrawal of the fiber at a specific speed, destroying the vein
Continuous intraoperative ultrasound guidance provides high accuracy and safety at all stages of operation.
The surgery ends with the micro-cuts of varicose veins: in the range of varicose veins specific anesthetic is used and then varicose veins are removed by micro-cuts through pinholes that have a diameter of a millimeter.
Laser technology that is used for varicose veins treatment is the most modern laser technology. The Laser beam emitted has a wavelength of 1470nm, aiming in water rather than in the blood, which ensures success of the procedure and painless postoperative period. The innovative fiber Elves Radial features special mirrors on top that dissipate the Laser beam at 360 degrees, acting uniformly over the perimeter wall of the vein.
Here you can see a video example of an endovenous laser treatment for varicose veins using the ELVeS Radial fiber.
The advantages of endovenous laser therapy for varicose veins:
- The endovenous laser treatment for varicose veins procedure is painless and is done with a special local anesthesia. Usually light sedation is administered by the anesthesiologist team. Plus the administration of general or regional wall (dorsal or epidural) anesthesia is not necessary.
- The surgery is extremely safe, with few or no complications.
- The mobilization of the patient is immediate - and the patient can walk immediately after the procedure.
- The immediate postoperative period are painless. It is striking that the vast majority of patients do not take any painkillers the day after surgery.
- The patient usually leaves the hospital in one to two hours after the laser treatment for varicose veins procedure.
- The return to daily activities is immediate while the return to work can be done in one to two days. All that is required by the patient is not to lift weights over 5 kg and wearing elastic stockings for about two weeks after the laser treatment for varicose veins.
- Because there are no surgical incisions and sutures, the aesthetic result is excellent, and in a few months after surgery the marks are almost nonexistent.
- The probability of relapse after the endoluminal treatment of varicose veins with Laser is less than the classical surgery.
Note that the intraluminal treatment of varicose veins with Laser is a method that requires material and technical infrastructure of high technology and high technical training-specialization of Surgeons.
It should be noted that according to official regulations of Vascular community of the United States and the American Venous Forum, endovenous treatment for varicose veins is preferred than the traditional surgery. Laser technology makes the task of treating varicose veins easier, painless and